A quantity surveying role with a bespoke developer in the Great Glasgow region
An opportunity for a quantity surveyor with strong housebuilding experience to join a 5-star housebuilder in the west central belt
Contract Scotland’s client, a well known housebuilder, based in Fife, are seeking an Assistant Estimator, to work with the existing team. The successful candidate will have a strong background in Bills of Quantities within Civil, Housing or Building projects.
This is a role that has a strong succession plan for the successful applicant.
Key Requirements for the Role:–
• Analyse project drawings and specifications to prepare accurate Bills of Quantities
• Prepare take-offs from drawings and specifications to assist with estimating
• Assist in the preparation of cost estimates for Building projects
• Liaise with project teams to obtain necessary information for estimating purposes
• Prepare and submit tender documents and pricing proposals
• Attend site visits and pre-tender meetings
• Assist in project cost control and tracking
You will need to have:-
• Strong understanding of Bills of Quantities
• Knowledge of construction materials and methods
• Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
To apply for the role attach your up-to-date CV to the role. For a confidential enquiry on the role, contact Nicola Monro directly on 01786446651 , quoting job ref: J43138 .
Contract Scotland acts as an employment agency for permanent work and acts as an employment business for temporary work.
For roles in Scotland/the UK, applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
At Contract Scotland, we value diversity and promote equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all areas of society and can discuss any reasonable adjustments to support your application.