Assistant Finance Manager
If you would love the opportunity to work with a professional and established employer who invest in their employees and create a fun and relaxed environment to work in, then this could be the ideal job for you.
Contract Scotland is looking for an experienced Assistant Finance Manager to join our client, an independent and forward thinking construction business based in the West Lothian area. This is a permanent position which offers a competitive salary and the chance to work with an award winning business, with a focus on continued employee development.
Supporting the Finance Manager and working together with the other Assistant Finance Manager in the operational and strategic management of the finance department your duties will include:
- Day to day management and development of the Finance team to deliver month end, ensuring deadlines are achieved
- Monthly preparation and reporting of departmental financial results
- Balance Reconciliations/Schedules
- Journal Entries and reconciliation of ledgers
- Departmental Cost Control Analysis
- Monthly Vat Return Submissions
- Assisting with the preparation of statutory audits
- Contributing to cash flow management, budgets and annual audit
- Continuous review of customer debt and cash allocation, escalating as necessary
- Ensuring robust financial controls are adhered to
- Implementing external audit management actions and internal audit recommendations across operational finance
- Monitoring, developing and highlighting efficiencies in all accounting transactions
- Providing expert and decision making support to all areas of the business in the areas of accounting processing and treatment
- Contribute to the development and implementation of Company strategies, policies and practices
- Providing cover and support to other members of the finance team
- Producing reports and performing additional tasks as and when they arise
You must have excellent experience within a Finance role and will ideally have some experience at management level. Ideally you will be qualified or working towards ACCA qualifications or equivalent but we would also like to hear from you if you are qualified through experience. A working knowledge of Navision would be beneficial but full training can be provided. Experience of working within the construction / energy sector is preferred however people with experience from all industry sectors will be considered for the role.
If you believe you have the skills and experience needed for this role and would love the chance to work with a supportive employer who invest in their employees' development, then please apply now by submitting your CV.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.