Due to a thriving workload, we are looking for an ambitious Graduate Civil Engineer to join a dynamic Civils and Rail team becoming part of one of the UK’s leading private Engineering Consultancies working with both public and private clients.
Contract Scotland are working with a well-established Engineering Consultancy which offers a better work/life balance and a clear career path over the next 5 years. On offer is a competitive salary as well as flexible working hours.
Associate Director (Civil Engineering)
Contract Scotland are working with a very successful multi-disciplinary consultancy which delivers solutions to sectors including Mining, Infrastructure, Energy, and Property. We’re looking for an accomplished Associate Director for the Civil Engineering division, a role that can be based in either Glasgow or Edinburgh.
The Civil Engineering team have a good reputation in the market and the pipeline of work is strong and varied. This could include highways design, drainage, flood risk assessments, earthworks and 3D modelling.
- Day to day management of the Civil Engineering Team, including workloads, budgets, and mentoring
- Leading on business development planning for the team
- Develop business with both existing and new clients
- Client liaison and management
- Developing opportunities with other business units including structural, geotechnical and health and safety
- Project management of multi-disciplinary projects
- Providing updates to the group manager
- Minimum of 15 years relevant post-graduate experience
- A degree in Civil Engineering
- Chartered Engineer with the ICE (MICE or FICE)
- Technically proficient with excellent report writing skills
- Demonstrable track record in business development and building client relationships
- An existing portfolio of clients
- Highway design expertise to UK national standards
- Drainage design expertise including residential, flood alleviation, SUDS, and liaising with local authorities
- A strong understanding of UK based health and safety legislation including CDM Regulations
- Experience in oversight and quality management of drawings produced using AutoCAD
- Self-motivated with a proven ability to communicate appropriately and effectively at all levels
On offer is an excellent salary & benefits package, including private healthcare, flexible working – If this is the right role for you, contact Stephen McNaughton today on 01786 446651 in full confidence.
Contract Scotland acts as an employment agency for permanent work and acts as an employment business for temporary work.
For roles in Scotland/the UK, applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
At Contract Scotland, we value diversity and promote equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all areas of society and can discuss any reasonable adjustments to support your application.