Associate Director - Rail Planning
A global engineering firm, renowned for their focus on excellence and quality, is looking to appoint a new Associate Director to their transport planning team in Glasgow. This an exciting opportunity for any senior transport planners with expertise in the rail sector thinking about their long-term career progression.
On offer is the chance to work with a proven market leader who operate under the belief that by focusing on the quality of the experience of their staff, success will follow. A well-rounded benefits package and commitment to supporting flexible working are also cornerstones of their offering.
The main purpose of the role is to provide leadership amongst their transport planning team across the UK and aid the continued growth of the business through the delivery of an ethical, quality focused service to their clients. Specifically, the postholder will take responsibility for managing the delivery of planning services within the rail sector.
Duties will include:
• Provide strategic planning advice to clients in both the public and private sectors
• Mentor junior staff members, offering support and guidance as they pursue chartership
• Review and input in to rail operation transport models
• Contribute effectively to tenders, liaising with other discipline leads to ensure holistic, well integrated service offerings are made
• Actively ensure the company's commitment to sound ethics and excellence are adhered to
To apply for this position, you should be able to demonstrate:
• A minimum of degree level qualification in an applicable engineering/project management course
• Chartered membership of a recognised engineering/transportation related institution
• A thorough knowledge of rail operations
• A proven track record in delivering a rail planning consultancy service
This is a rare opportunity to join a globally respected business who genuinely seek to make a difference in all that they do. If you are looking to work in a setting where you will able to play a meaningful part in the success of the business, reap the rewards of that success yet maintain a healthy work life balance, then this opportunity will provide you with that platform.
NOT FOR YOU BUT YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO MIGHT BE INTERESTED?
Have you heard about our referral scheme? We've been helping people find jobs in the construction industry since 1990 and we're proud to say we've become so good at it that construction professionals recommend us to their friends and colleagues. That's a huge favour, so we thought it about time we returned it. Learn more about how you can refer someone and get a £200 reward on our website.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.