We are currently recruiting on behalf of a multi-disciplined engineering consultancy who are looking to develop their Geotechnical capability in Edinburgh. Backed by a nationwide team of experienced Geotechnical Engineers situated in their various regional offices, they are looking to appoint a Geotechnical Associate to lead the further development of the team in Scotland.
This opportunity may be suited to someone already established at Associate level or could equally provide a chance for a Senior or Principal level Geotechnical Engineer with the ambition to step up and progress in their career. Duties and responsibilities will include:
• Provide technical lead on a diverse range of projects in both the public and private sector.
• Prepare and/or check bids for new projects
• Client liaison; take a lead in managing existing client relationships whilst identifying and developing relationships with new clients
• Resourcing; grow and develop an expert team of Geotechnical Engineers in Scotland To apply for this role you should have:
• Minimum experience 10 years in Geotechnical Engineering in a design consultancy environment.
• Educated to Msc level in a Geotechnical/Geology related qualification
• Ideally hold chartered status
• A thorough understanding of the range of possible design options and costs of remedial measures including shallow and deep level grouting, ground improvement and foundation installation options to suit different forms of hazard
• Well-developed communication skills, including a solid grasp of stakeholder engagement. What will you receive in return:
• A highly competitive salary between £45,000 - £60,000 dependent on your current level of experience
• Contributory pension
• Discretionary bonus scheme and flexible benefits allowance.
• The opportunity to further your career with a forward thinking, innovative company.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.