Contract Scotland are recruiting for a market leader in principal civil engineering, who are seeking to appoint a Bid Manager
to add to their continued success in the UK construction market. Our client are well known for being one of the biggest names in the civil engineering market, delivering high value energy, highway, flood prevention, rail and marine projects.
This contractor distinguishes itself with their well-constructed and delivered continuous professional development initiatives. We've seen first-hand the positive impact these have had on employees within this business, enabling a level of growth that has accelerated careers and offered exposure to several complex engineering schemes. It's no surprise that this contractor has an extremely low level of staff turnover. As a Bid Manager you will have the important role of being part of the organisations management team and will be expected to develop and manage the bid process, in line with the organisations strategic growth plan. Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
What do you need to apply?
- The preparation of bids/tender and pre-qualification questionnaires/submissions
- Take ownership of and submit completed professional bids to existing or prospective clients
- Produce creative and innovative bid solutions; this process must be delivered on time and to the requirements of the invitation to tender
- To manage a bid programme to ensure targets are met
- Working alongside the senior management team to maintain client contacts and seek new opportunities
- Finalisation of bids, support the estimating team and post-proposal review
- Identify and report on business opportunities in target market
- Be aware of the key trends in the market and take appropriate action
- To ensure that a high level of understanding and knowledge of the company's products and services
The suitable candidate will have in depth knowledge and understanding of the end to end bid/tender process. Experience working within the main contracting/major infrastructure sector and you will ideally be a degree qualified in Civil Engineering. You will also come with excellent interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to liaise with both internal and external stakeholders. You will also be self-motivated and have a proactive approach. Having in depth knowledge and understanding of the Scottish construction/supply chain market, will be advantageous.
If you feel like this role aligns with your skillset and career aspirations, please submit your CV to Nicole Verden-Glenn.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.