Head of Business Development
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you have extensive experience is business development and strategic planning?
A specialist contractor, principally involved in increasing energy efficiency in residential properties is seeking an experienced Business Development Manager to join their team based in West Lothian. This will give the successful candidate the opportunity to join an organisation who pride themselves on offering innovative solutions whilst maintaining the highest level of service.
What can you expect?
Within the current market there has never been higher demand for business development within the Scottish Construction Market. You will be given the chance to further your career and as the successful candidate you will have the important role of being part of the organisations management team and your responsibilities will include:
- Creating and implementing business development strategies
- To ensure that a high level of understanding and knowledge of the company's products and services ensuring customer inquiries can be dealt with accurately and appropriately
- Be aware of the key trends in the market and take appropriate action
- Identify and report on business opportunities in target markets
- Prepare and submit annual expenditure & capital budgets
- Cost and budget management
- Prepare and deliver reports for the board of directors
- Keeping up to date with the latest regulations and legislations
- Involvement in generating and applying sales strategies
- Creating negotiated framework and bid opportunities
- Evaluating the organisations bid process to improve subsequent performance
- Team/people management
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders
- Involvement in staff development and training programmes
- To identify new and innovative funding streams
- Manage KPI's and customer feedback
- To fully contribute in the strategic development and direction of the organisation
- Overseeing and contributing to the bid and proposal processes of tendering
- To work closely with the Operations Director and Managers across departments
What do you need to apply?
- Full UK driving licence
- Successful candidates will be strong willed, you must be able to drive things forward and make decisions
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills due to the high level of interaction related with this role
- You will be self-motivated and have a proactive approach
- The successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced disclosure check
- You will come with a proven track record in a similar role
What can you expect in return?
- Future progression for the right individual who makes significant contributions to the success of the company
- Competitive Salary
- Company car/car allowance
- Performance-related bonus
- Personal pension plan
- Private Health Care
- 32 days annual leave (inc. of statutory bank holidays)
- Access to Flexible Benefits Scheme (including buy/sell holidays, childcare vouchers, discount to retailers, bike to work scheme and many more)
- Work for PLC Company with option to join share save scheme
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.