Contract Scotland are working in partnership with a specialist roofing contractor based in the South Side of Glasgow. This family run organisation has been in operation for over 30 years and pride themselves on quality of work, service and craftsmanship. Working in a small office, the successful candidate will work directly with the business owners; so excellent interpersonal skills will be an advantage.
Due to continued growth we are currently working with a client who specialises in Multi-Utilities Services in the construction industry across Scotland and Northern England, as they seek a Administrator to their team based in Cambuslang. As part of this your role, your responsibility will include the following:
Has there ever been a better time to explore procurement & supply-chain career opportunities, within the Scottish market? Do you want to work for one of UK’s most reputable and largest Hire companies, who are known as being a great employer? Our client currently has a great opportunity for a Buyer to join their team based in Glasgow City Centre. With over 50 years’ experience, this family owned business pride themselves on investing, growing and developing their employees for future progression within the business. As a Buyer as part of this role, your responsibility will include however will not be limited to:
- Issue pricing documents to relevant suppliers to meet requirements
- Evaluate tender returns
- Conducting final negotiations with selected suppliers
- Raise Purchase Orders for all Materials and Plant Hire on selected systems in line with company policies and procedures
- Liaise with stakeholders to assist with the resolution of supply issues as and when required
- Work with and advise Project Teams on material specifications and alternatives where appropriate
- Provide regular reports on procurement betterment and supplier performance
- Attend Project Meetings as required
- Monitor and maintain vendor database to ensure that it contains up to date details of available suppliers
- Manage relationships and Supply Chain agreements with selected suppliers, including renewal; performance; spend; strengths; weaknesses and opportunities
- Monitor the supply market to identify potential new suppliers and products and meet with suppliers to understand their product offerings
- Focus on exceeding minimum service expectations by delivering an agile, value adding service with a deep understanding of customer requirements, technical competence, functional knowledge and process efficiency
- Investigate and support the resolution of supplier invoice queries
What you need to apply:
- Experience of procurement and the purchasing of materials within the construction
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- You must have an ability to problem solve as well as being able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines whilst maintaining the highest standard of work
- You will also come with excellent interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to liaise with both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with suppliers.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to interpret data and provide cost analysis.
- Commercial awareness and excellent organisational skills
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- Up to 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- The option to buy up to 5 days additional leave
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Welfare Fund (Company-funded social events)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health & Wellness (Well-being Hub, Employee Assistance Helpline, Annual Flu Jab)
Contract Scotland acts as an employment agency for permanent work and acts as an employment business for temporary work.
For roles in Scotland/the UK, applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
At Contract Scotland, we value diversity and promote equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all areas of society and can discuss any reasonable adjustments to support your application.