We are recruiting on behalf of a reputable and well-established Civil & Structural Engineering Design Consultancy based in the East of Scotland. They are looking for a Structural CAD Technician to join their growing team. This organisation is a market leading consultancy who look to provide their clients with innovative, cost effective structural design solutions of the highest professional standard. You will carry out work in a wide range of sectors including residential, commercial, leisure, retail and industrial projects. On offer to the successful applicant is a competitive salary, couple with excellent working conditions with a clear path for career progression. Your duties as a CAD Technician will include but not be limited to:
The successful applicant will:
- Assist less experienced Engineers in developing their skills
- Management of highly detailed structural drawings within projects on core structural materials including concrete, timber and masonry.
- Ensure subcontractor drawings meet technical specification guidelines
- Liaise with architects, engineers and designers to understand their design
- Maintain accurate records of work
- Be HNC qualified in Civil / Structural Engineering (or equivalent)
- Have significant prior design consultancy experience
- Possess the ability to work well individually and as part of a team when required
- Hold a full UK valid driving license
If you would like to apply to this position, please send your CV to Michael Mair, by clicking the Apply Now' button.
If the position is not suitable for you personally but you know someone who may be interested, then you might like to know that we offer a £200 referral fee for any successful referrals. Further details on how to refer someone can be found on our website.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.