Contract Scotland are working with a well-established Engineering Consultancy which offers a better work/life balance and a clear career path over the next 5 years. On offer is a competitive salary as well as flexible working hours.
Due to a thriving workload, we are looking for an ambitious Graduate Civil Engineer to join a dynamic Civils and Rail team becoming part of one of the UK’s leading private Engineering Consultancies working with both public and private clients.
Civil 3D Technician
A well-known and highly regarded multi-disciplinary National Engineering Consultancy are looking to appoint a Civil 3D specialist for their Edinburgh parctice.
An excellent package, working environment, and career paths are on offer.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in full compliance with the Company’s Quality Management System
- Provide technical guidance, support and training to colleagues and assist, where practicable, in mentoring and development of others
- Work in both supervised and unsupervised environments ensuring that the technical content of all work carried out is correct and carried out in accordance within agreed timescales and within agreed budgets
- Report to appropriate team leader on technical issues associated with project work
- Work in close collaboration with team members and other disciplines and have an appreciation of their role
- Production of CAD and 3D modelling in conjunction with Project Technicians
- Quality Control for CAD and 3D modelling production
- Outputs to company CAD standards as well as comply with project and BIM protocols;
- Creation of federated 3D models to enhance coordination, collaboration, construction sequencing and innovative processes for Asset tagging. Understanding of clash detections with the aim of reducing conflicts during the construction phase
- Undertaking other tasks as delegated by Project Engineers/Managers
- To adhere to the company Health and Safety Policy
- HND or HNC in Civil Engineering
- EngTech membership of an appropriate professional body (desirable) i.e Institution of Civil Engineers or the Chartered Institute of Highways and Transportation
- Excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil3D required
- Significant previous experience of the preparation of highway design drawings including geometric design, drainage and all ancillary elements
- Excellent communication skills, particularly in technical written English
- Flexible and enthusiastic approach to working within a team structure
- Confidence and ability to take responsibility for work on large projects
For more details please apply below, or call Stephen McNaughton on 01786 446651
Contract Scotland acts as an employment agency for permanent work and acts as an employment business for temporary work.
For roles in Scotland/the UK, applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
At Contract Scotland, we value diversity and promote equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all areas of society and can discuss any reasonable adjustments to support your application.