Civil Design Engineer
Are you an experienced Civil Design Engineer looking to improve your work life balance whilst continuing to develop professionally? We are currently recruiting on behalf of a leading engineering business in the transportation market who are looking to grow their design team.
This is a company that pays more than lip service to work/life balance and staff rewards. They have a genuinely well-rounded benefits package which includes significantly above average holiday entitlement and contributory pension scheme. They are based in accessible, modern offices with free parking. Oh, and did we mention the 35 hour working week?
The Civil Design Engineer will be required to take the lead in producing detailed designs in accordance with project deadlines and budgets. Specific responsibilities will include;
To apply for this role you should be;
- Producing and checking designs for new build and remedial works.
- Produce cost estimates and programmes for projects
- Act as technical lead throughout construction phase
- Ensure quality and safety systems are adhered to
- Provide mentorship to graduate engineers and technicians
• Educated to degree level or equivalent in Civil Engineering.
• Proven experience working in an engineering consultancy environment
• Knowledge of AutoCAD, TEDDS, Pframe / Superstress software packages
• Chartered status or working towards
• Ideally past experience in design of transportation related schemes
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.