We are looking for a Civil/Structural Design Engineer to join an award-winning multi-disciplinary design consultancy as they look to grow their Scottish team. Involved in an interesting mix of large public and private developments, they are looking for an experienced Engineer who can provide a high degree of technical competency and deliver inventive solutions to both the team and projects.
As a Civil / Structural Design Engineer, your duties will involve:
- The design of civil and structural packages for a range of projects including educational, healthcare, defence, nuclear, transportation including roads and rail as well as environmental
- Work towards ensuring projects are delivered in time on budget whilst maintaining existing and developing positive customer relationships
- Structural analysis and modelling
- Work on a diverse range of public & private sector projects
What do you need to apply?:
- Degree Qualified in Civil or Structural Engineering, ideally working towards MICE
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Good working knowledge of traditional building methods such as steel, timber, concrete and RC and overall site wide infrastructure and earthworks
- Excellent understanding of British Standards and Eurocodes
- Be able to work individually and as a team when required
- Willingness to learn from Senior Engineers
If you would like to apply, send your CV to Michael Mair, by clicking the Apply Now' button.
If this position is not for you, but you know of someone who you feel would be better suited…
We've been helping people find jobs in the construction industry since 1990 and we're proud to say we've become so good at it that construction professionals recommend us to their friends and colleagues. That's a huge favour, so we thought it about time we returned it. Learn more about how you can refer someone and get a £200 reward on our website.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.