Property Development Project Manager
An expanding developer is seeking a Project Manager to join the business as part of their planned growth.
The business is part of a well-known construction group that was originally established in the 1980's, but this division' develops property, primarily within the commercial and residential sectors.
Reporting directly to the MD/Board, you will be responsible for the project management of all the businesses existing and new developments.
Your role will include;
• Providing technical construction input to development projects
• Assisting in the selection of consultants
• Managing design teams through the pre-construction process and live site phase
• Liaising closely with cost consultant
• Convening, attending, chairing and minuting design team meetings
• Selection of main contractors
• On site management and control of progress, health and safety, quality and costs.
• Attending all site meetings
• Undertaking final inspections with consultants
Successful applicants will have a track record in construction & property project management, likely gained whilst working within a contracting or consultancy environment.
The businesses developments are typically within the central belt of Scotland, but it is not unusual for there to be a project elsewhere in Scotland/England, so naturally some travel will be required as part of the role.
This position will provide the Project Manager with a large degree of autonomy, as well as working with some experienced construction & property professionals who have strong reputations within the Scottish market and are on hand to provide any guidance as required. The business is expected to grow notably in the coming years, and for now you'll be the sole Project Manager supporting the team.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.