Construction Project Manager
A position has been created for a Project Manager to join an expanding building contractor in Inverness.
Off the back of recent tender successes, they are searching for experienced Project Managers (or Senior Site Managers) who are capable of delivering building projects valued at £3m to £8m.
You'll need to be interested in joining a business who is relatively new to the area but have clear plans to grow further and open regional offices. Whilst the business has a near 50 year history elsewhere in Scotland, you'll become part of what is currently a smaller local team in Inverness and will have a key influence on how they develop.
Working with the Construction Director and Contracts Manager, you'll be asked to lead projects on site from tender outcome to successful handover.
Projects will initially be geared towards affordable housing, but elsewhere the business has built an impressive portfolio of clients across various other sectors, with a long term track record across both commercial and residential contracts.
They want to bring you into the team if you would identify yourself as:
• Driven/motivated/have energy.
• Prepared to stand up and be counted as part of a team.
• Have belief/confidence in what you can bring.
• Able to use initiative.
You will be responsible for:
• Liaison with clients and design team, including conducting any necessary meetings
• Site staff management
• Developing the main programme of works and to monitor/drive weekly progress
• Develop method statements and risk assessments in conjunction with the safety plan
• Source labour and maintain high productivity and quality workmanship
• Prepare weekly reports about site progress & risk/opportunity
• Drive a strong health & safety agenda across the site
In return, an annual salary between £50k - £60k per annum as well as a competitive car allowance and pension package is on offer for this opportunity.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.