Our client, a well-established family-owned civil engineering contractor with over 40 years of industry experience, seeks to welcome a dynamic Contracts Manager to their Argyll-based team. Specialising in a diverse range of challenging projects, including heavy earthworks, site preparation, demolition, bridges, roads, groundworks, and renewables, our client is dedicated to delivering excellence.
With a string of recent contract wins and a history of collaboration with renowned industry leaders, we’re looking for a Site Manager who can confidently oversee commercial groundworks packages valued up to £10m.
Contracts Manager – Utilities
Are you an experienced Contract Manager with a background in collaborating with the Water Industry Registration Scheme (WIRS)? Are you on the lookout for your next career challenge and a change of scenery?
If so, we have an exciting full-time opportunity for you in Oban. This client is happy to contribute towards relocation costs and would be open to a phased relocation.
Contract Scotland is proud to partner with a well-established contractor renowned for its successful track record in delivering civil engineering and building projects in the region. This contractor offers a stable and diverse workload spanning both building and civil engineering sectors. They are currently seeking an experienced Contract Manager to join their team based in Oban with some travel to sites throughout Scotland.
We require an individual with a sharp eye for detail, a commitment to best practices, and a proven track record of delivering projects on schedule. The ideal candidate should have previous Contract Management experience, with a specialisation in water or utility projects, and be well-versed in working in accordance with WIRS guidelines.
As a Contract Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Identifying potential commercial opportunities during tender stages.
- Skilfully preparing and submitting tenders.
- Ensuring strict adherence to Health, Safety, Environment, and Quality (HSEQ) protocols.
- Maintaining sufficient project resources to meet program schedules.
- Cultivating new client relationships.
- Strengthening existing client partnerships to foster collaboration.
- Facilitating effective communication between departments to enhance project performance and team cohesion among surveying, operations, and other teams.
- Developing comprehensive short and long-term project schedules.
- Generating monthly progress reports.
- Strategizing material resourcing.
- Overseeing on-site labour and equipment management.
- Ensuring compliance with contractual obligations.
- Vigilantly monitoring project performance and initiating corrective actions when necessary.
- Conducting project closure activities and reporting findings.
- Shaping and executing the commercial strategy.
- Supporting the timely preparation and release of comprehensive management reports.
- Evaluating staff performance.
To be considered for this role, you should possess the following essential background/experience:
- A minimum of a degree or HND in civil engineering or a related field.
- Previous experience in civil engineering, particularly within water or utility projects.
- Proficiency in WIRS (Water Industry Registration Scheme) compliance.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, ensuring seamless execution and optimal resource allocation.
- A systematic approach to task execution.
- Strong commercial acumen, demonstrating a keen business sense and a strategic approach to project operations for successful financial outcomes.
- Excellent communication and liaison skills.
- Expertise in program development and reporting, including designing, maintaining, and delivering comprehensive program reports.
- Competency in CSCS and SMSTS.
- Proficiency in cultivating and sustaining productive work relationships.
- Familiarity with diverse contract forms and standard methods of measurement.
- A valid UK driver’s license.
On offer is a competitive salary, a company vehicle, and an excellent benefits package. Additionally, our client is willing to contribute to relocation costs for the right candidate. This represents an exceptional opportunity to join a company dedicated to fostering employee growth and expanding its business horizons. If you possess these qualifications and are prepared to excel in a dynamic environment, we invite you to explore the rewarding role of Contract Manager. Please apply by submitting your most recent CV. For further information, please contact Karin Campbell at 01786 446651, quoting reference J42906.
Contract Scotland acts as an employment agency for permanent work and acts as an employment business for temporary work.
For roles in Scotland/the UK, applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
At Contract Scotland, we value diversity and promote equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all areas of society and can discuss any reasonable adjustments to support your application.