As a Senior Project Manager stationed in Cumbernauld, you’ll assume a pivotal role in the organisation’s operational framework, emphasising the delivery of projects to the highest standards, from initial design through to project handover. Collaborating closely with our established team, you’ll ensure that all completed work aligns with the stellar reputation our client has worked hard to achieve.
re you an experienced Senior Site Engineer with a passion for civil engineering projects? Our client, a leading privately-owned civil engineering contractor operating throughout Scotland, is looking for a dedicated professional to join their team on a permanent basis in Perth, with opportunities for work across the stunning landscapes of Scotland.
Are you an experienced Civil Design Manager looking for your next career opportunity? Do you want to work for a company that values its employees? If so, we’d like to hear from you!
Our client is well-known for their commitment to employees, investing in staff development, and maintaining a strong presence in the construction and civil engineering sectors.
This is a fantastic chance for a hardworking Design Manager with a track record of overseeing design aspects from project initiation to completion. You’ll be joining a company that promotes collaboration, staff growth, and internal promotions, with a substantial workload in construction and infrastructure projects.
Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Being a team player, making confident decisions and motivating the team.
- Managing technical queries and design-related matters.
- Acting as the primary link between the Design Consultant, Project Team, and Client to ensure smooth information flow.
- Keeping the client and project team updated on design progress.
- Agreeing on the design schedule and monitoring its progress.
- Handling design changes and working with the commercial teams to update the schedule.
- Reviewing project documentation and establishing design scope and responsibilities.
- Ensuring proper design certification and recording of design decisions.
- Identifying site survey needs and instructing the supply chain.
- Preparing the Design Brief and providing it to the Design Consultant.
- Reviewing costs and communicating project risks.
Applicants should have:
- Relevant qualifications in civil engineering or construction.
- Proven experience as a Design Manager with knowledge of digital construction.
- Proficiency in using BIM360 and Viewpoint.
- The ability to manage multiple projects independently.
- A strong understanding of BIM.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong written communication and problem-solving abilities.
- A full UK driver’s license.
- Flexible working options are available.
If this sounds like the role for you and you want to work in a collaborative environment, please apply with your most recent CV. For more information, contact Adam Rahma at 01786 446651, quoting reference J42979.
Contract Scotland acts as an employment agency for permanent work and acts as an employment business for temporary work.
For roles in Scotland/the UK, applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
At Contract Scotland, we value diversity and promote equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all areas of society and can discuss any reasonable adjustments to support your application.