Design Site Representative (DSR)
Contract Scotland are working closely with an award winning, well-established and reputable civil engineering design consultancy as they look for a Design Site Representative (DSR) to be based in Glasgow. This exciting and upcoming central belt scheme will be getting underway in August and offers a duration of circa 15 months, with completion expected around January 2021.
On offer to the successful applicant is an extremely competitive market rate and the chance to work for a market leading civil engineering design consultancy.
As a DSR you duties will include, but not be limited to:
• Lead the site team whilst working closely alongside the contractor to ensure the design is built in accordance with the design and specification requirements
• Compile and submit weekly reports to senior management
• Liaise closely with design office, along with co-ordinating any changes to be implemented
• Communicate efficiently and effectively to all team members, with the aim of ensuring project completion within agreed timescales
• Review and approve technical designs before actioning
The successful applicant will be:
• A chartered engineer (civil / structural) (CEng)
• Hold significant previous experience within a similar role in a design team
• Strong working knowledge of industry standards
• Comfortable working within a team setting and also autonomously when required
• A strong communicator due to high levels of client interaction within this role
If you would like to apply, please send your CV to Grant Dalziel, by clicking the Apply Now' button.
We've been helping people find jobs in the construction industry since 1990 and we're proud to say we've become so good at it that construction professionals recommend us to their friends and colleagues. That's a huge favour, so we thought it about time we returned it. Learn more about how you can refer someone and get a £200 reward on our website.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.