A major tier one contractor is looking to appoint a Divisional Estimator to join their civil infrastructure division. Based in their west of Scotland office the post will sit within an already highly successful senior management team. The successful applicant will play a critical part in targeting and winning competitive tenders for large, prestigious civil engineering projects in Scotland.
Working closely with other discipline leads in the pre-construction team, the main purpose of the role will be the preparation and submission of innovative, successful bids for major civil engineering contracts. The role may also support the pricing and delivery of bids on a UK wide level when required. Specific responsibilities will include:
• Lead the existing estimating team, setting timescales and deadlines as required
• Liaise with internal points of contact as well as external stakeholders when compiling cost estimates, driving the use of innovative methodologies and processes to enable competitive pricing
• Ensure company policies and controls are observed and adhered to throughout the bid process.
The successful applicant should be:
• Minimum of HND qualified in civil engineering
• Proven experience working in main contractor environment
• A track record in delivering successful bids for large civil engineering projects
• The ability to coach, mentor junior members of the team
For the candidate with the drive and commitment to succeed in this critical role, this company will offer:
• A highly attractive salary and well-rounded benefits package
• The opportunity to play a meaningful role with an innovative, forward thinking contractor
• The opportunity to work on bids for some of the largest, prestigious contracts available in Scotland
If you are interested in having a confidential discussion about the role before applying then we would be happy to hear from you. Laura Sinclair, Senior Consultant responsible for permanent recruitment within our civil engineering team will be available to speak with you on 01786 446651.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.