An opportunity with a large developer/contractor in Edinburgh for a Bonus Surveyor
An opportunity for an experienced quantity surveyor, to work on a flagship re-development project in the heart of Glasgow, to produce high-end luxury apartments
Our client, one of Scotlands busiest housing developers is looking to appoint an engineer to work with their large technical team. Reporting to the Technical Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the design of infrastructure and groundwork’s packages for residential developments
Key Requirements of the Role:-
- Procure service records and enquiries for new developments, including responsibility for timely payment for new services infrastructure design and detailing carried out by externally appointed Consulting Engineer’s responsible for providing designs for new estate roads
- Secure adoption agreements; to suit the development programme
- Obtain designs for foundations and where necessary have input into securing structural designs for superstructure components
- Maintain a continuous process of evaluation of Consultant’s designs to ensure that proposals adhere to best practice in value Engineering
- Liaise with other Technical Team members and others as necessary to seek the discharge of building regulations and planning conditions
Applicant Experience and Qualifications:-
- Individual who is educated to HNC/HND level in an Engineering related discipline with a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience
- Previous experience in a design related environment, preferably with Civil or Structural Consulting Engineers
- Ability to confidently handle negotiations with external bodies, including sewerage undertakers and highway authorities
- Ability to co-ordinate with all members of the design team to ensure programmes are achieved
- Individual who is computer literate. Experience of design software packages such as PDS or MicroDrainage is desirable although not essential
In return our client offers and extensive benefits package.
To apply for the role, attach your most recent CV, or for more information, contact Nicola Monro directly on 01786 446651, quoting reference J23635.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.