Our client who are a well-established civil engineering contractor, based in the East of Scotland, are looking to extend their team with someone who has the drive and energy to help the team grow and develop in the coming months and years. They are looking to recruit an Estimator with good technical knowledge in civil engineering, including civil groundworks
Electrical Estimator role with a specialist engineering firm.
Are you an experienced Estimator looking for your next challenge? Our client who are a well-established civil engineering contractor, based in the East of Scotland, are looking to extend their team with someone who has the drive and energy to help the team grow and develop in the coming months and years. They are looking to recruit an Estimator with good technical knowledge in civil engineering, including civil groundworks.
The right applicant should possess current knowledge of local price points and the ability price across multiple trades from First Principles.
As an estimator you will work closely with the management team and will be responsible for:
• Reviewing Tender Enquiries and working with the senior management team to formulate outline bid strategies.
• Preparation of cost estimates and high-quality tender documentation for submission
• Develop detailed and achievable packages and agree with the end clients.
• Take offs from drawings and production of cost-effective tenders from first principles.
• The effective analysis and pricing of risks.
• The preparation of tender submission documents and estimating reports.
• Provide assistance for proposals and contract management functions.
• Liaise with Subcontractors, Architects and Clients and other stakeholders
To excel in this role, you will have previous experience as an estimator in civils and groundworks, earthwork or concrete environment and have the following:
• A qualified civil engineer or quantity surveyor with estimating experience.
• Civil engineering project experience.
• Experience in estimating for groundworks, earthworks, drainage and concrete projects.
On offer is a competitive salary and a well- rounded benefits package. We are keen to see applications from experienced Estimators with proven experience working in a civil engineering contracting business. Previous experience in groundworks would be highly advantageous. If this sounds like just the job for you then we’d love to hear from you to discuss the company and the role in more detail. Please apply with a copy of your most recent CV or for more information, contact Katie Horne on 01786 446651 quoting J23259.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.