We are working in partnership with one of Scotland's leading construction and development groups who are now a well-regarded market leader in their field having mastered their craft in private and affordable housing for the last 70 years.
Due to unprecedented growth sustained over the last couple of years they are now looking to add a Finance Manager to their team based in their HQ in Edinburgh to assist the Financial Controller in the delivery of strategic objectives across all projects and stakeholder.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Accurate recording of transactions via Navision 10 and excel management systems
• Monthly, quarterly and annual reporting cycles
• Proactive CVR management - developing key relationships with commercial and delivery teams
• Ensuring accounting processes and internal controls are effective and suggesting improvements
• Developing an understanding of key contracts
• Processing invoices and associated management of working capital
• Bank reconciliations
• Coach and mentor junior members of staff within the department
Key personal attributes we are looking for include:
• Leadership - We are looking for individuals who are accountable and willing to take on a leadership role within the department. Whether it be you have lots of experience at a transactional level and looking to take the next step in your career or established at this level already, we would like to hear from you
• Communication - The ability to work with stakeholders at all levels is imperative to the success of this role
• Collaboration - Whilst we would like to hear from those who enjoy working independently, being a team player is also a must
• Analytical mind - attention to detail is imperative, as is the ability to challenge when things don't look right
Given the scope of the role, the ideal candidate will be either a qualified accountant with ACCA, CIMA or ACA qualifications (or equivalent) but consideration will be given to those without if experience working in within the construction industry can be demonstrated.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.