Are you an experience Site Agent/ Manager looking for your next challenge? Would you like to work as part of a team who are heavily invested in doing all they can to contribute to carbon reduction?
Contract Scotland are working on behalf of a civil engineering contractor focusing predominately within the water sector, working on projects across Southern Scotland as they seek to recruit an experienced Site Engineer.
Geotechnical Engineer/ Manchester
Are you a Geotechnical Engineer looking for your next career challenge? Or an engineer looking to make the move into geotechnical engineering? Then please read on…
Contract Scotland have been engaged to assist a key partner in their search for a geotechnical engineer to join their business based within Manchester but also covering Scotland. This is a business with a forward thinking attitude that holds onto the traditional values from whence they came from and with over 40 years presence in the industry, you’ll be joining an organisation who have a well founded reputation in their field. Not only do their works cover the length and breadth of the UK, they’ve also demonstrable experience working internationally too.
As a geotechnical engineer you will be involved in ground investigation to manage and perform site work across the Northern England and Scotland. You will take responsibility for projects assigned to you and strive towards delivering successful outcomes. Initially, you’ll be working on projects in the Manchester areas but in the future roles might expand throughout the UK and up to Scotland so it’s important to note that travel will be a standard expectation of this role…after all geo means earth and you’ll be covering plenty of it in this assignment!
As a Geotechnical Engineer your responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring that the project is delivered to the agreed programme and construction methods.
• Identify shortfalls and devise mitigation to minimise any impacts to the programme.
• Deliver regular forecasts and reports for projects that you are responsible for
• Communicating effectively at all levels including designers, clients site management, technical specialists, commercial staff, planners, operative etc…
• Ensure that compliance and inspection are in place and being adhered to.
• Review and implement risk assessments and activity plans/ method statements
• Have great management skills to ensure that all the team know exactly what is expected of them.
• Ensure that records are maintained by all of the team for both the client and higher management
• Ensuring H&S is kept in accordance with company policy and procedures.
As a Geotechnical Engineer you will need:
• Masters Degree/Degree qualified in a civil engineering discipline
• Preferential to have ground investigation experience.
• ROGEP Professional/Specialist/Advisor is desirable but not essential.
• A valid CSCS card
So are you lover of all things geotechnical! Or do you have a passion to be involved in the sector? Our client are indeed open to both experienced geotechnical engineers but also will consider suitably qualified civil engineers who are looking to move into this niche sector. It’s essentially that you do have site experience and are able to manage squads in an effective manner to ensure works are carried out in a safe, efficient manner. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply with a copy of your most recent CV or for more information, contact Kirstin Marshall on 01786 446651 quoting J23602.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.