We are working closely with one of our clients as they seek a Geotechnical Engineer to join their Glasgow based team. Within this role you will be exposed to a diverse portfolio of work across public infrastructure, they offer regular variety in the engineering challenges that you will face on a daily basis. Furthermore, this role offers excellent career progression opportunities as well as a highly competitive salary and the option to undertake paid overtime, all of this within a well-respected, tight-knit, growing Glasgow based consultancy.
Your duties will include:
- Preparation of geotechnical design reports and specifications
- Work alongside other engineers to deadlines
- Assist with on-the-job development of junior Engineers
- Foundation/Piling design
- Slope Stability analysis
- Producing cost effective designs and practical solutions to fit client needs
The ideal candidate will:
- Be degree qualified in Civil Engineering
- Postgraduate Geotechnical experience
- Actively be pursuing Chartership
- Previous experience within a design consultancy
- Have a working knowledge of AutoCAD, Slope/W and Mircrosoft Office
- Be comfortable working within a team environment, as well as individually when required
If you would like to apply to this role, please submit your CV to Michael Mair, by clicking the Apply Now' button.
If the position is not suitable for you personally but you know someone who may be interested, then you might like to know that we offer a £200 referral fee for any successful referrals. Further details on how to refer someone can be found on our website.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.