Are you an experience Site Agent/ Manager looking for your next challenge? Would you like to work as part of a team who are heavily invested in doing all they can to contribute to carbon reduction?
Contract Scotland are working on behalf of a civil engineering contractor focusing predominately within the water sector, working on projects across Southern Scotland as they seek to recruit an experienced Site Engineer.
Head of Business Operations
Do you want to boost your career to the next level and work with a team who strive to push business forward? Are you interested in working within the water sector and being part of a new Scottish Water framework? Then read on!
Our client, a highly reputable civil engineering contractor based in the Central Belt of Scotland, is looking to expand their Senior Leadership Team by appointing a new Head of Business Operations with experience within the Civil Engineering sector primarily within the water sector.
Due to a successful run of project wins within their new framework and a sustained period of growth they are looking to add to their leadership and management teams. They are currently operating within Water and Wastewater infrastructure, but have capabilities to offer a diverse service offering to their clients making them one of the faster-growing organisations in the Scottish Market.
As Head of Business Operations, you will be responsible for leading and overseeing all operational teams in their daily activities from PMO to QA to liaising with end clients.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
• Providing advice, problem solving offering, overview and scrutiny to ensure alignment with company-wide policies.
• Set up and manage PMOs to allow for continuity and fluidity across the business.
• Overseeing and managing a range of different teams in Programming, Control & Reporting, Risk Assessment and Management.
• Networking with key stakeholders across the organisation and with end-clients.
• Analyse market trends and data and share amongst delivery teams.
• Harnessing knowledge and experience to build relationships and influence others within the organisation.
• Support and reporting to the COO with developing the annual business plan and monthly reports.
• Work with the various Business functions to improve the quality of reporting.
Key attributes required;
• An experienced, responsible and dynamic business leader with strong leadership skills.
• Possess a strong knowledge base of the civil engineering operations (ideally including water industry)
• Strong commercial awareness
• Strong problem solver
• An analytical and strategic thinker
• Thrives in a busy, complex and dynamic workplace
• Experience and proven ability in leading and coaching a team.
• An extensive track record in Programme Office or Delivery Management disciplines and working in a PMO.
• First-hand experience of transformational business change.
• Membership of a recognised body preferable.
• IT literate with Microsoft Office Skills
If you are interested in applying for this role, please apply with a copy of your most recent CV or for more information, contact Kirstin Marshall on 01786 446651 quoting J22827.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.