We are currently working with a client who are recruiting a H&S Advisor to join their team in Cumbernauld.
Reporting to the H&S Manager, you will provide advice and support to the H&S function.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Assisting with the delivery and tracking of Office based Health and Safety Inductions.
• Assisting Managers with the organisation and booking of Health and Safety related Training.
• Working in conjunction with the Human Resource and Commercial Departments to develop a common database of information specific to Health and Safety competence training.
• Post development of the above liaising with relevant Managers to ensure refresher training where required is carried out in a timely manner.
• Carrying out weekly Health and Safety inspections on a rotational basis using our iAuditor Software across the operational functions of our business and reporting and actioning improvements within area of responsibility.
• Assisting the Health and Safety Manager to carry out live Project Site Health and Safety Inspections using our iAuditor Software, reporting and actioning improvements within area of responsibility always ensuring we are meeting our obligations under current legislation including The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015.
• Attending training courses and Health and Safety Forums as required to continually improve knowledge and understanding of current legislation and company standards.
• Assisting the Health and Safety Manager with the preparation of regular reports on compliance and activity for presentation to our Senior Management Team.
• To investigate, or where appropriate, to assist others to investigate the circumstances and causes of incidents and accidents and take necessary steps to prevent a recurrence
• To monitor, evaluate and review Health and Safety policy and practice, make recommendations and implement new policies and procedures as required.
• Assisting the Health and Safety Manager to support our Managers in the maintenance of safe systems of work providing advice, coaching and practical hands on support.
• Assisting Managers and Staff with the development, implementation, communication and review of Safe Systems of Work in accordance with current legislation including Safe Working methodologies, Risk Assessment, COSHH Assessments etc
• Assist in driving a positive Health and Safety culture across all areas of our business.
You will have experience within a similar H&S role, ideally within the construction or manufacturing industry. You must have previous working knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation and possess a relevant Health & Safety Qualification i.e. NEBOSH (preferred).
If you are interested in this role and have the required skills and experience then please apply to Fiona Lynn.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.