Contract Scotland is thrilled to partner with a well-established civil engineering contractor as they seek an Estimator or Senior Estimator to join their team, working on projects across Scotland.
An opportunity for a Temporary Works Engineer to work with on of the busiest companies within the Scottish Water Framework
Health & Safety Advisor
On behalf of our client, a well established and reputable Civil Engineering Contractor who operate predominately within renewables, infrastructure and flood protection projects, we are looking to recruit a Health & Safety Advisor to join their team on a permanent basis for a renewable project based in Ayrshire.
As part of their continued growth, they are looking to recruit a HSE Advisor to join their HSE team, this role will predominately be based on site in Ayrshire. This is a great time to join this organisation as they go from strength to strength. You’ll be working closely with the team and report directly to the Senior HSE Manager to ensure key metrics are met throughout the construction phase of their works and that the team demonstrate the highest levels of health & safety at all times.
As part of your responsibilities, you’ll be required to:
- Promote a strong health, safety, environment and quality ethos across the leadership teams.
- Demonstrate leadership and actively encourage compliance with HSE requirements.
- Provide accurate data and reports to the wider business on legislative issues as well as “best practice” policy
- Ensure staff adhere to company procedures and assist this by providing the require resources to all team members. This will include implementing company wider communications, training, evaluations and competency based assessments.
- Manage and maintain the companies ISO 45001 compliance.
- Ensure compliance with the certified Integrated Management System (IMS).
- Create, implement, and maintain HSE procedures and manuals to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Assist with audits and accreditations.
- Management of internal and external audits including closing out audit findings.
- Carry out investigations as and when required, ensuring timely and accurate reports are provided.
- Deliver training on feedback and knowledge gained from previous and future projects.
To be considered for this opportunity, you should an excellent communicator who is able to demonstrate:
- Minimum 2 years experience working background in a civil engineering environment specially on substation work is desirable.
- Experience working in a health & safety role.
- NEBOSH Diploma.
- Experience manging ISO systems in essential.
- Knowledge of ISO 45001
- Substation authorisation is desirable.
- Ability to deliver change in all HSE procedures.
- Champion of health & safety standards in all aspects of your work.
- Forward thinking attitude to H&S culture.
- Willingness to travel to sites across Scotland and the UK as required (Including overnight stays)
- Full UK driving license.
On offer is an attractive salary with additional benefits. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply with a copy of your most recent CV or for more information, contact Adam Rahma on 01786 446651 quoting J42826.
Contract Scotland acts as an employment agency for permanent work and acts as an employment business for temporary work.
For roles in Scotland/the UK, applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
At Contract Scotland, we value diversity and promote equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all areas of society and can discuss any reasonable adjustments to support your application.