Junior Health & Safety Consultant
We are working on behalf of a market leading National Engineering Design Consultancy as they look for a Health & Safety Consultant to join their Glasgow based team. This unique role involve carrying out work on prestigious public events held across the country. You will play an important role amongst a team providing safety and risk management support to ensure the effective and efficient running of events. You will be supported in your daily duties to allow for your professional development. Along with this, the successful applicant will receive a well-rounded benefits package including a competitive salary and excellent career progression opportunities.
Your responsibilities will involve:
• Supporting the delivery of CDM Advisor/Principal Designer & Event safety services to clients across the UK.
• Participating in the review/audit of Event H&S management systems.
• Devising accident & incident investigation processes as part of event planning.
• Embodying a company culture that holds a safe working environment in the highest regard.
• Travel on short-term assignments, when required.
• Preparation and assisting with delivering of proposals for new clients and projects.
The ideal applicant will:
• Be qualified in Health & Safety / Risk Management.
• Have the willingness to learn on the job and continually develop skill set.
• Be a confident communicator due to the nature of this role.
• Possess good report writing skills.
• Be able to work within a team setting, and individually when required in a professional manner.
• Hold a valid UK driving license.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV to Michael Mair, by clicking the Apply Now' button.
If the position is not suitable for you personally but you know someone who may be interested, then you might like to know that we offer a £200 referral fee for any successful referrals. Further details on how to refer someone can be found on our website.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.