Our client, a well-established family-owned civil engineering contractor with over 40 years of industry experience, seeks to welcome a dynamic Contracts Manager to their Argyll-based team. Specialising in a diverse range of challenging projects, including heavy earthworks, site preparation, demolition, bridges, roads, groundworks, and renewables, our client is dedicated to delivering excellence.
With a string of recent contract wins and a history of collaboration with renowned industry leaders, we’re looking for a Site Manager who can confidently oversee commercial groundworks packages valued up to £10m.
Health, Safety, Environmental and Wellbeing Officer
Are you a dedicated Health Safety, Environmental and Wellbeing Advisor based in Central Scotland, eager for your next career opportunity? If you’re experienced in leading teams to uphold the highest health and safety standards, we’d like to connect with you!
Our client is a well-established regional civil engineering company located in the West of Scotland. They operate across various sectors, including power, water and marine, primarily within Central Scotland. With a robust pipeline of civil engineering projects, they anticipate a busy year ahead and are seeking an experienced Health Safety, Environmental and Wellbeing Advisor based to join their team, ensuring projects are completed safely and on schedule.
As a Health Safety, Environmental and Wellbeing Advisor, your responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining and enhancing the company’s HSEQ Integrated Management System to attain ISO certification.
- Conducting site inspections to ensure compliance with safety standards.
- Advising, drafting, owning, and updating all HSE standards and requirements.
- Supervising site activities with a specific focus on safety procedures.
- Contributing to new tenders and bids.
- Assessing the external environment to ensure safe working conditions.
- Performing regular site inspections and audits.
- Compiling and completing compliance reports and site documentation.
- Providing reports to site management on activity.
- Ensuring that all work practices align with current legislation.
- Taking a proactive role in collaborating with the client counterpart to deliver projects to specification.
Applicants should be excellent communicators and possess the following qualifications and attributes:
- Minimum education to degree or HNC level.
- Essential experience as a health and safety advisor with a civils contractor.
- Previous experience working on civil engineering projects is required due to project nature.
- Certifications in CSCS, NEBOSH, and Grad IOSH.
- ISO internal Auditor certification.
- A valid UK driving licence.
- Willingness to travel to sites across Scotland.
If you believe you can implement a Health & Safety culture that ensures no employee leaves an H&S issue unaddressed, we invite you to apply. Please submit your most recent CV or contact Karin Campbell at 01786 446651, referencing J42376, for further information.
Contract Scotland acts as an employment agency for permanent work and acts as an employment business for temporary work.
For roles in Scotland/the UK, applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
At Contract Scotland, we value diversity and promote equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all areas of society and can discuss any reasonable adjustments to support your application.