Contract Scotland is pleased to be working alongside a market-leading Consultancy boasting a high number of large projects across a variety of sectors including energy, healthcare, and government infrastructure. We are looking for an experienced Mechanical Building Services Engineer to work as part of their multi-disciplinary team.
Our clients specialise in delivering excellence, particularly within the Water Industry, through multi-disciplinary projects and are looking for a dedicated and skilled Electrical Lead Designer to join our team and be a key player in creating cutting-edge solutions for our clients.
Lead Mechanical Designer
As a Lead Mechanical Designer, you will play a pivotal role in overseeing a team of Designers and ensuring the successful delivery of individual project design objectives that align with our client’s requirements predominantly within the water sector.
- Team Leadership: Manage a team of Designers, providing guidance and direction to achieve project design goals.
- Compliance: Ensure that all design work within the team adheres to established policies, procedures, and client specifications.
- On-site Surveys: Attend project sites as needed to conduct surveys and gather essential data.
- Relationship Building: Establish and maintain strong professional relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to optimize operational efficiency and identify potential opportunities.
- Technical Support: Offer technical expertise and support to various departments within the organisation as required.
- Collaboration: Act as a key member of a highly efficient, multi-disciplinary design team, contributing to the overall success of projects.
- Design: Production of standard design deliverables such as pipework schedules, valve schedules, lifting strategies, WIMES datasheets, general arrangement drawings and P&ID’s. Mechanical design experience including a knowledge pump selection, types and pumping station design.
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree with electrical/instrumentation bias
- Proven experience in mechanical design, with a track record of successful project management.
- Strong knowledge of industry standards and best practices.
- Proficiency in design software and tools.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of key specifications and standards used on design projects.
- Ideally Chartered Status or actively working towards Chartered Status
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products, ProjectWise & AutoCAD
With a salary of up to £57,500 on offer and a competitive benefits package with hybrid working if you are a dedicated professional with a passion for mechanical design and team leadership, we encourage you to apply and become an integral part of the team.
Contract Scotland acts as an employment agency for permanent work and acts as an employment business for temporary work.
For roles in Scotland/the UK, applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
At Contract Scotland, we value diversity and promote equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all areas of society and can discuss any reasonable adjustments to support your application.