As a Senior Project Manager stationed in Cumbernauld, you’ll assume a pivotal role in the organisation’s operational framework, emphasising the delivery of projects to the highest standards, from initial design through to project handover. Collaborating closely with our established team, you’ll ensure that all completed work aligns with the stellar reputation our client has worked hard to achieve.
re you an experienced Senior Site Engineer with a passion for civil engineering projects? Our client, a leading privately-owned civil engineering contractor operating throughout Scotland, is looking for a dedicated professional to join their team on a permanent basis in Perth, with opportunities for work across the stunning landscapes of Scotland.
Mechanical Project Engineer
Are you passionate about reducing carbon emissions? Our client, a major global engineering firm renowned for their expertise in designing and delivering projects in the water sector, is expanding its delivery team in Scotland. We are seeking an experienced MEICA Mechanical Project Engineer to join our team in Glasgow, contributing to projects throughout Scotland.
Your Role as a Mechanical Project Engineer:
As part of our MEICA (Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation, Control, and Automation) delivery team, you will play a crucial role in providing technical solutions for the mechanical aspects of projects within the Scottish Water Framework. Reporting directly to management, your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating closely with HSE advisors to ensure the safe delivery of all project aspects.
- Managing the mechanical element of MEICA projects, adhering to agreed time, cost, and quality requirements, supporting the project delivery team and management.
- Offering technical support for accurate estimates based on technical drawings from subcontractors.
- Ensuring final delivery complies with regulations and procedures.
- Leveraging extensive experience to work closely with the MEICA delivery team, producing MEICA design and documentation for all project stages in the water and wastewater engineering sector.
- Ensuring that internally produced and subcontractor designs meet specification and regulatory requirements.
- Promoting the use of standard designs and practices whenever possible.
- Developing preliminary mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, and control designs for contracts.
- Collaborating with internal and external suppliers and preparing reports.
- Providing input to the commercial team to capture scope changes, Early Warnings, Compensation Events, and variations, considering their impact on project/program budgets.
- Preparing technical reports for the CWA Management team.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Degree-level qualification in Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience in mentoring and supporting other MEICA team members.
- Several years of experience working in MEICA teams.
- Experience in water projects is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills.
What We Offer:
- Long-term job security with a global market leader.
- Competitive salary.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including:
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays.
- Matched Pension scheme.
- Life Assurance.
- Annual Bonus.
If this opportunity aligns with your career aspirations, and you meet the qualifications, we invite you to apply. Please apply with your most recent CV or contact Adam Rahma at 01786 446651, quoting reference J42748, for further information.
Join our client in making a positive impact on the environment while pursuing a rewarding career in engineering.
Contract Scotland acts as an employment agency for permanent work and acts as an employment business for temporary work.
For roles in Scotland/the UK, applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
At Contract Scotland, we value diversity and promote equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all areas of society and can discuss any reasonable adjustments to support your application.