Our client, a well-established family-owned civil engineering contractor with over 40 years of industry experience, seeks to welcome a dynamic Contracts Manager to their Argyll-based team. Specialising in a diverse range of challenging projects, including heavy earthworks, site preparation, demolition, bridges, roads, groundworks, and renewables, our client is dedicated to delivering excellence.
With a string of recent contract wins and a history of collaboration with renowned industry leaders, we’re looking for a Site Manager who can confidently oversee commercial groundworks packages valued up to £10m.
Are you an experienced Mechanical Supervisor looking for your next career move? Our client, a global leader in pump and equipment supply, is on the lookout for a dedicated Mechanical Supervisor to join their team on a full-time, permanent basis. If you’re ready for an exciting role that involves travel across Scotland, including the beautiful Islands, and working on a variety of projects, this opportunity is for you!
Our client has recently secured numerous projects and is eager to expand their team with a skilled Mechanical Supervisor. In this role, you’ll be responsible for mechanical installation and maintenance work in the industrial sector, overseeing planned preventative and reactive maintenance, and managing routine installations, mechanical maintenance, and repairs for pumps, motors, and packaged equipment. Safety, efficiency, and cost-effectiveness are at the core of what we do, ensuring all work is carried out in compliance with the latest health and safety regulations.
- Conduct mechanical installation and maintenance work within the industrial sector.
- Supervise planned preventative and reactive maintenance tasks.
- Manage routine installations, mechanical maintenance, and repairs for pumps, motors, and packaged equipment.
- Ensure all operations, repairs, and small works are performed safely, efficiently, and cost-effectively.
- Oversee inspection and fault finding on pumps and pump systems.
- Effectively manage labour resources through communication and planning.
- Maintain strong client relationships.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Ideally, you’re a time-served Mechanical Engineer with experience or progression to a Lead Engineer/Supervisor role.
- Demonstrated experience in industrial service and maintenance.
- Technical expertise and proven experience working with pipework, pumps, motors, valves, and related equipment.
- Previous exposure to treatment processes in the water and wastewater industry is a plus.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication abilities.
- Proactive problem solver with excellent organisational skills.
If this sounds like the perfect fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! In return for your expertise, our client offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. To apply, please submit your up-to-date CV or reach out to Karin Campbell at 01786 446651, quoting reference J42881, for more information.
Contract Scotland acts as an employment agency for permanent work and acts as an employment business for temporary work.
For roles in Scotland/the UK, applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
At Contract Scotland, we value diversity and promote equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all areas of society and can discuss any reasonable adjustments to support your application.