A quantity surveying role with a bespoke developer in the Great Glasgow region
An opportunity for a quantity surveyor with strong housebuilding experience to join a 5-star housebuilder in the west central belt
Our client is one of the UK’s leading insulation suppliers and fitters, serving a key number of clients in the new build housing sector, in particular. Due to a busy workload, they have a requirement for an operations manager, to oversee the day-to-day operational duties and management of insulation operatives.
Reporting to the MD and Commercial Director your key role requirements include:-
- Management & supervision of all operative and office staff
- Support in the delivery of the business KPI’s and aiming towards continuous improvement
- Assist in the programme/planning of works with the works co-ordinator
- Ensure resource capacity matches workload, including appointing new operatives when required.
- Ensure estimates/programmes of work are delivered on time and to specification
- Make advance requests for safety notices, site access requirements, overtime requirements, etc
- Measure & record work undertaken daily through team worklines.
- Liaise with clients, site management, inspectors and planners to ensure quality of work is to specification
- Build & maintain working relationship with senior management, clients and customers.
- Ensure all field operatives comply with Health & Safety Regulations and site safety procedures
- Ideally previous fitter experience
- SMSTS & 5 – Day Health & Safety qualification
- IOSH certification
- Proven ability to manage field-based operational teams
To apply for the role, use the link, attaching an up-to-date CV. For a confidential enquiry about the role, contact Nicola Monro directly on 01786446651.
Contract Scotland acts as an employment agency for permanent work and acts as an employment business for temporary work.
For roles in Scotland/the UK, applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
At Contract Scotland, we value diversity and promote equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all areas of society and can discuss any reasonable adjustments to support your application.