Contract Scotland have been engaged to assist a key partner in their search to create a solid Pre-Construction Team to join their business based within central Scotland
We are actively recruiting for a specialist contractor who have cemented a well-earned reputation as one of the market leader’s within the water sector throughout the UK.
Are you interested in working with one of Scotland’s largest and most well-renowned tier 1 contractor? Are you keen to boost your career to the next level? Then read on!
Contract Scotland are delighted to be continuing work with a highly reputable contractor, currently based in West of Scotland as they expand their planning team to help with continued contract wins. They are successfully operating within the Rail sector, in particular on new projects in the West.
As a Planning Engineer your responsibilities will include:
• Assist in the management of change with regards to impact on programme and progress.
• Working closely with bid teams, producing outline programmes for tenders.
• Build NEC compliant programmes from first principles using relevant scope, specifications & drawings.
• Identifying contract requirements and constraints.
• Assist the planning team on the development of workable, project programmes
• Liaise with other functional staff ensuring the programme incorporates all activities and detailed logic associated with those functions
• Monitor progress, analyse trending schedules and cost information then produce date and report finding to management in a proactive, timely manner.
You should have a methodical approach, great interpersonal skill and have the following skills:
• Educated to a degree or HNC level in a relevant civil, mechanical or electrical engineering discipline.
• Have proven expertise within the rail industry, preferably, but open to anyone with civils experience.
• Contractually aware, ideally with NEC3 or NEC4 contracts
• Passionate about promoting a safe working culture on your projects
• Primavera P6 software experience is essential and further understanding of Microsoft Project & other packages is advantageous.
This is a full-time position that offers flexible working opportunities and long term job security. On offer is a competitive salary and a well- rounded benefit package. If this sounds like just the job for you then we’d love to hear from you to discuss the company and the role in more detail. Please apply with a copy of your most recent CV or for more information, contact Kirstin Marshall on 01786 446651 quoting J23433.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.