A well-known and highly regarded multi-disciplinary National Engineering Consultancy are looking to appoint an experienced Senior Engineer to join their impressive Glasgow office to work on a variety of Bridges projects.
Contract Scotland are working with a premium Consultancy to find the right Senior Civil Design Engineer for their successful engineering and landscape team in Glasgow.
Principal Hydrologist – Glasgow
Are you an experienced flood modeller ready to lead the way in our client’s growth wherein your technical expertise, leadership skills, and business acumen will drive and sustain success?
Our client, an established and expanding multi-sector engineering firm working across Scotland, England and Ireland is looking for a Principal Flood Modeller to spearhead technical, managerial, and client-facing initiatives within our Water Team. Your responsibilities encompass leadership, business development, and effective project delivery. Showcase your track record in guiding and developing a team of value-driven engineers, demonstrating excellence in project resource planning and deadline management.
You will be:
- Leading the delivery of Flood Risk Assessments, Hydrological Assessments, and Drainage Strategies.
- Contributing to the effective design of flood alleviation schemes.
- Managing projects and foster strong client relationships.
- Assisting in winning new business within the flooding sector.
- Providing technical guidance, support, and training to junior colleagues, actively contributing to their mentoring and development.
- Working on diverse flood, coastal, and maritime projects for clients, including Local Authorities and private developers across Scotland, England, and Ireland.
- Supporting clients in managing water, flooding, and coastal environments sustainably and innovatively.
- Coordinating, quality assuring, and leading the delivery of Flood Risk Assessments, Surface Water Management Plans, and hydrological assessments.
- Supervising and mentoring junior staff, managing small teams on a project and supervisory basis.
You are a:
- Chartered engineer (ICE or CIWEM) with over 7 years of proven experience in 1D-2D modelling using Infoworks ICM or Flood Modeller.
- Creative thinker with a passion for influencing and developing teams.
- Highly collaborative colleague and leader with a helpful outlook, making a positive impact on the built environment.
If this sounds like a great fit for you and you’re ready to guide our client to growth and success, contact Stephen McNaughton at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01786 446651 for more information.
We act as an employment agency for permanent work and as an employment business for temporary work.
For roles in the UK, applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
We value diversity and promote equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all areas of society and can discuss any reasonable adjustments to support your application.