If you’re at the starting phase of your career in the commercial sector and looking for an opportunity to work on a diverse portfolio of projects within the cost consultancy market, then this new opportunity may indeed be the one for you. Contract Scotland are delighted to bring to the market an opportunity for an Assistant / Graduate Quantity Surveyor to join an established practice in Glasgow who have a great record of staff attrition and offer continued professional development.
Contract Scotland are looking to assist our client in their search for a members of their Design Site Representative (DSR) team for a roads scheme in central Scotland. This project offers a duration of 18 months and is looking for a candidate able to start ideally in the next 4-6 weeks. You’ll be working as an Inspector of Works or Senior Engineer depending on your experience on this high profile scheme.
Principal Structural Engineer
A well-known and highly regarded multi-disciplinary National Engineering Consultancy are looking to appoint an experienced Principal Structural Engineer to join their business in Edinburgh city centre to work on a diverse range of projects including retail developments, visitor centres, educational/laboratory buildings, hotels and more.
The client is looking for a Senior Engineer with extensive experience to join their team. They are looking for someone who is Chartered or is currently working towards Chartership.
As a Structural Design Engineer you will:
• Conduct advanced and complex engineering studies.
• Make recommendations and present reports to clients.
• Prepare and direct the preparation of designs, specifications, plans, estimates and reports for projects.
• Carry out structural analysis using the relevant software packages.
• Prepare complex drawings for engineering projects.
• Liaising with project staff such as architects, technicians and contractors to ensure that newly erected buildings are structurally sound.
The ideal candidate will be:
• Degree qualified in Civil / Structural Engineering (or equivalent).
• Chartered or near Chartered status (MICE or MIStructE).
• A strong communicator due to client interaction within this position.
• Excellent interpersonal and report writing skills.
On offer to the successful candidate is a highly competitive package along with the opportunity to work on an interesting mix of public and private sector projects. The company uses state of the art technologies, coupled with strong engineering knowledge and experience to provide their clients with practical solutions. This company also offers a really good benefits package as well as flexible working.
What’s the next step?
Please apply with a copy of your most recent CV or for more information, contact Grant Dalziel on 01786 446651 quoting J23681.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.