Principal Structural Engineer
This role may be suited to a Chartered Structural Engineer who is keen to progress to Associate Director in the coming years. This is an excellent opportunity to become a key member of the team and lead the business for years to come. What will the role in entail?
• Taking the lead on the delivery of designs and technical specifications for building structures on both new build and refurbishment projects
• Managing junior members of staff, helping them develop their skill set and expertise within the industry
• Leading meetings with clients, architects and other third party stakeholders
• Carry out Structural Engineering assessments and inspections
• Co-ordinate and formulate technical reports and structural surveys
• Ensure that technical outputs such as drawings are consistently maintained to a high level
• Provide technical recommendations to the team and clients when needed
You will be involved in projects including commercial, retail, residential and public buildings including schools and further education facilities.SKILLS/EXPERIENCE
• Degree qualified in Civil / Structural Engineering or equivalent
• Chartered status (MICE or MIStructE)
• Experience within a similar role in a design consultancy environment
• Excellent communication skills due to the high-level of client interaction and report writing
• Experience of structural analysis design and capable of using the necessary software
To discuss the role in more detail please contact Jamie Porter, Senior Recruitment Consultant on 01786 446651 OR submit your CV to apply.
If the position is not suitable for you personally but you know someone who may be interested, then you might like to know that we offer a £200 referral fee for any successful referrals. Further details on how to refer someone can be found on our website.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.