Contract Scotland have a Senior Quantity Surveyor vacancy with a large housing contractor, based in Inverness.
A 9-month opportunity to work with an established housebuilder in the Aberdeen/Tayside region .
Our client is a high-end residential developer, who are about to embark on their highest value, flagship project in the Glasgow region.
The project manager will be there to ensure the project meets the demands of health safety, quality standards, programme delivery and to manage sub-contractors to ensure that pre-set completion targets are met. This project will require someone with excellent customer management skills, along with the ability to set tight programmes of work.
Key Requirements of the Role:
- Liaise with the clients and design team, head office suppliers and contractors.
- Ensure health and safety policy and the relevant construction phase plan is in place prior to the site starting.
- Ensure that the development is tidy and well-presented throughout the construction process.
- Work closely with the Company’s Project Quantity Surveyor, providing the necessary input to allow the Quantity Surveyor to report on the current and projected financial status of the project.
- To develop in conjunction with the construction director the main logic of the works programme and to report progress into head office on a weekly basis.
- Provide leadership and support to site supervisors, management trainees and support staff, sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Expedite materials and information release from design team.
- Comply with the requirements of the Company’s Quality Procedure and Manual.
- Prepare reports for site meeting with design team and attend same.
- Report contractual risk situations to your superior.
- Ensure all snagging and post entry snagging is completed on time and the customer care department are kept updated on a weekly basis.
What You’ll Need:
- Prior Management experience within the housebuilding sector (SMSTS)
- Scaffold Inspection Trained
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Excellent people management skills
- First aid training is advantageous
To apply for this role, please attach you most recent CV, using the link, or for a confidential discussion, contact Nicola Monro on 01786446651 directly quoting J23836.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.