Our client, a highly sought-after Civil Engineering Contractor based in Glasgow, is seeking an experienced Scheme Project Manager to join their dynamic team. In this role, you will be instrumental in the execution of the access for all program, overseeing civil structural renewal projects across Scotland’s rail network.
Our client, a leading global engineering firm specialising in water sector projects, is expanding its commercial team in Scotland and is seeking a Quantity Surveyor to join them in Inverness. We welcome applicants from all levels of experience, particularly those with a background in the water industry.
Are you looking to join a company that strives to help improve the environment and reshape the future? Our client is an established and unique principal specialist contactor in overhead line electrification in rail. Their main objective is to reinvent transport through the installation of overhead powerlines and procedures which ensure a more environmentally friendly, cost effective and safer way to operate within the rail sector. They currently have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager on a permanent basis based in West of Scotland.
As a Project Manager, you’ll play a big part in the organisations operational structure with a focus on delivering works to the highest of standards from design through to handover. You’ll be working closely with an established team to ensure that all work completed adheres to the excellent reputation our client has worked hard to achieve.
Your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Providing strong leadership and guidance to site staff across live projects.
- Coordinating all projects ensuring they are on schedule to meet deadlines and running to clients’ specifications.
- Managing the development of the project in accordance with approved plans and targets.
- Undertake additional engineering roles when require.
- Identifying and monitoring project risks and planning and implementing risk mitigation.
- Address any commercial issue ensuring they are inline with contract requirements.
- Preparing formal project progress and other reports.
- Undertale periodic site audits and safety inspections.
- Provide out of hours/ emergency support on projects as required.
To be considered for this opportunity, you should have the following skills and attributes:
- Demonstrable experience at the Project Manager level.
- Experience in working within the civil engineering sector, with rail project experience desirable.
- Ideally qualified at the HNC/HND level as a minimum.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work with various stakeholders, including clients and designers.
- Valid PTS and OLEC competencies.
On offer is a competitive salary with additional benefits package. With a healthy pipeline of work secured, this is an opportunity that can provide you with long term job security in these uncertain times. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply with a copy of your most recent CV or for more information, contact Adam Rahma on 01786 446651 quoting J43273.
We act as an employment agency for permanent work and as an employment business for temporary work.
For roles in the UK, applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
We value diversity and promote equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all areas of society and can discuss any reasonable adjustments to support your application.