Are you interested in relocating from the UK to Canada? Make Toronto your new home and embrace the Canadian adventure!
Relocate to Vancouver to work with one of the leading principle contractors in Canada on major new build healthcare projects valued between $500m – $1bn!
Project Manager – Vancouver
Are you passionate about delivering state-of-the-art healthcare facilities and have a track record of success in project delivery? Then this might be the right opportunity for you.
Upon the relaunch of our International Division, Contract Scotland are pleased to offer various relocation opportunities in Canada. We are working with one of Canada’s top 5 principle contractors who are seeking a talented and experienced Project Manager to join their team in Vancouver, British Columbia to deliver major healthcare construction projects valued between $500m-$1bn
The Project Manager is accountable for providing project management and direction for a project, ensuring timely completion and profitability for all projects. The individual is involved in project planning and start-up, project financials, project pre-construction, project execution and close-out, and HSE and Q, and maintains a relentless focus on meeting and exceeding customer needs and expectations.
As a Project Manager, you will:
- Collaborate with Preconstruction in preparing, revising, and monitoring information regarding reports related to costs involved in developing the project budget.
- Manage the subcontracting process, which includes facilitating initial scope review meetings, finalizing agreed processes, developing subcontract scopes of work, and managing the subcontract distribution and final execution process.
- Direct the process of determining the quantity of budget estimates / deliverables to the client.
- Hire key personnel and subcontractors for the project.
- Manage the project administration and daily operations, escalating issues as necessary.
- Manage the project schedule and milestone dates, and ensure that close-out checklists are prepared and maintained during the project lifecycle.
- Maintain relationships and communication tools as needed with suppliers and other key project personnel to verify that materials, supplies, tools, equipment, and personnel are obtained and / or delivered when required.
- Monitor the change management process, which includes identifying change events, submitting change notices, pricing and tracking change work, optional changes in project scope, and negotiating change orders with clients.
- Establish project teams, define roles and responsibilities, and facilitate project team meetings.
- Apply construction expertise to ensure proper project planning, scheduling, staffing, cost control, and project management.
- Review contract documents to obtain a clear understanding of deliverables, which will ensure project work will be completed on time and within budget.
- Manage the review and communicate objectives for critical milestones, budget, schedule, and client satisfaction measurements to project team members.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or a related field is required.
- 6-15 years of direct construction project management experience required. Depending upon the project size, scope, and complexity, the years of experience may vary.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering major health care projects over £50m in the UK
- Project experience in Design-Build Hospital construction in the UK
- Proficiency in using scheduling and project management software.
Our client’s leadership team understands what is involved in relocating from the UK and are set up to support anyone making the move, offering assistance with relocation (including flights, sponsorship/visas, initial accommodation etc).
Contract Scotland have over 15 years’ experience in supporting construction, property & engineering professionals looking to relocate to Australia, Canada and New Zealand. We can share everything that you need to know and work closely with you throughout the process, even putting you in touch with other professionals who have previously made the move from Scotland & the UK.
If you would be interested in hearing more details about this role or indeed about other International roles then please apply to discuss further.
Contract Scotland acts as an employment agency for permanent work and acts as an employment business for temporary work.
For roles in Scotland/the UK, applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
At Contract Scotland, we value diversity and promote equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all areas of society and can discuss any reasonable adjustments to support your application.