Relocate to Canada to deliver world class healthcare projects valued from $500m-$1bn!
Fancy swapping the UK for the Caribbean? Freelance Site Engineer required for a contract in Kingston, Jamaica!
Quality Manager – Toronto
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Quality Manager from the UK to deliver world-class transit projects with an industry leading general contractor in Toronto, Canada.
Does this sound like the challenge you’re looking for?
This employee-owned General Contractor has built a long-standing reputation for excellence across a number of sectors and provinces and have set themselves up for success in their continued delivery of $100m-$1bn GTA (Greater Toronto Area) based transit projects in the years to come.
Having attracted some of the best talent in the market to lead and mentor this driven group, they are now looking for a Quality Manager to join them and help ensure that all projects are completed to the highest standard, meeting client requirements and industry regulations.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Initiating and assisting with the development of new Quality protocols and processes and monitor KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) for the Quality system’s effectiveness.
- Maintaining strong relationships with suppliers and other key project personnel to verify that the quality of the supplied materials and services meet the expectations of internal and external stakeholders.
- Reviewing Quality Plan submissions from subcontractors when needed and maintain a firm understanding of the contractual requirements for the Quality plan on each project.
- Reviewing contract documents for quality specific requirements and develop Project Specific Quality Plans for new projects, be involved in pre-construction planning where necessary and ensure compliance during execution.
- Leading quality audits, as required.
- Providing training to the field supervision team on Quality processes.
- Developing and communicating performance standards and metrics to all relevant parties while supporting field supervision with Quality inspections and reporting.
- Developing regular status reports for the client and the Quality Director, detailing the status of QMS and recommending actions to be taken for continued improvement across all regional Infrastructure projects.
- Presenting information and reports to senior business unit leaders as well as written correspondence and/or presentations to external parties (i.e. clients, partners, government agencies, etc.) and participating in bid interviews as required.
- Leading by demonstrating a compelling vision towards continuous improvement while creating a culture of accountability with clear expectations and responsibilities.
- Taking a forward-looking view of future team development and growth while recruiting and/or promoting the best people available to meet current and future requirements.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Certification, diploma, or degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or a related field
- 5+ years of experience working on medium to large scale civil/infrastructure construction projects in the UK in a Quality related role.
- Experience managing internal quality systems within a Contracting environment.
- Strong technical proficiency in Quality-related areas: related legislation, auditing, and data analysis.
- Ability and willingness to face challenges, solve problems, and motivate others, while maintaining effective relationships with customers.
Our client’s leadership team understands what is involved in relocating from the UK and are set up to support anyone making the move, offering assistance with relocation (including flights, sponsorship/visas, initial accommodation etc).
Contract Scotland have over 15 years’ experience in supporting construction, property & engineering professionals looking to relocate to Australia, Canada and New Zealand. We can share everything that you need to know and work closely with you throughout the process, even putting you in touch with other professionals who have previously made the move from Scotland & the UK.
If you would be interested in hearing more details about this role or indeed about other International roles then please apply to discuss further.
We act as an employment agency for permanent work and as an employment business for temporary work.
For roles in the UK, applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
We value diversity and promote equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all areas of society and can discuss any reasonable adjustments to support your application.