As a Quantity Surveyor from a Civils background, you will play an integral role in the development of the company's growth and diversification. Focusing on a variety of Civils and Build projects across the UK and Ireland, you will be responsible for commercially managing multiple projects from tender through to final account, providing commercial assistance to operational teams and others when required.What will you be involved in:
• Managing all allocated projects and seeing this through from award to completion of client and sub-contractor final accounts
• Attending monthly project and client meetings and ensuring that surveying information and cost advice is provided in an accurate and proficient manner
• Monitoring the timely production of the main/subcontract final accounts, including re-measurement as necessary to facilitate the optimum result, evaluation of all variations a loss and/or expense issues.
• Effective interaction with other members of the project team promoting the commercial perspective on all other issues
• Establish and maintain existing relationships with internal and external stakeholders, client, Construction and Design Team.What do you need to apply?
• Relevant qualifications within Quantity Surveying
• Previous experience within a similar role
• Experience within the Civil Engineering sector
• Organisation skills required for managing multiple projects at one time
• Good interpersonal & negotiation skills, as well as the ability to liaise with both internal and external stakeholders.
If you would like you apply for this role, please submit your CV to Amber Mitchell or if you would like to have a confidential discussion about this opportunity (or others) call in on 01786 446651.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.