Contract Scotland are working in partnership with a well-established, regional main build contractor who are actively seeking an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their established team, delivering various projects throughout the West of Scotland based from their offices in Greenock.
Our client who are an SME Building Contractor conduct a wide variety of works from smaller refurbishment contracts through to new build commercial projects, tend to work on projects no larger than £2mil in value. This business takes real pride in their company culture which has family friendly environment which is reflected in its values and commitment to client satisfaction. The Quantity Surveying role within the business will larger be office based where you'd be responsible for numerous projects at any given time and would be the most senior member of the day to day commercial function of the business.
Want to know more?Key Responsibilities
- Procure trades, labour and general suppliers
- To take a lead role in the valuation process and costings
- Develop project budgets and agree cost plan with the Finance Director and operations teams
- Assist with value engineering exercises
- Prepare & monitor tender schedule
- Ensure effective communication between site team and suppliers
- Attend and chair meetings with the design team and subcontractors
- Prepare payment documentation for subcontractors and suppliers
- Financial reporting throughout the project lifecycle
- Prepare CVRs as well as Internal Value and Cash Flow forecasts
- A depth of experience overseeing the financial requirements of similar projects
- Strong team working skills
- Excellent reporting skills
- Strong commercial acumen
- Ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels both internally and externally
- Clear communicator
- Commitment to company values
- Relevant qualification within construction or equivalent experience
- Full and clean driving licence
On top of a great opportunity to join a growing, privately owned contractor with long term career progression opportunities an annual salary between £35k-£45k per annum is on offer, as well as a car allowance and pension contributory package for the successful individual
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.