Are you looking a Quantity Surveyor in the North East looking for your next step within the house building industry?
Are you looking to work for a company that values employees, invests in the business and has engrained itself in a traditional, family business?
We have an interesting opportunity for a hard working Quantity Surveyor to join a multi-faceted medium sized house builder and constriction company working within the house building department.
Our client has over 25 years of experience and is a widely recognised housebuilder native to the Aberdeen area who pride themselves on the design and build of their mid-range houses.
To be successful, you will have a proven track record of working at a Quantity Surveyor level within a new build housing or main contracting environment working on relevant projects.
The role will require you to carry out typical duties of a QS including but not limited to:
• Financial and contractual control of building projects ensuring the company's interests are protected
• Liaising with the operational management and advising on all matters relating to Contract and Commercial issues
• Maintaining accurate financial control systems and reporting monthly on Cost/Value Reconciliation
• Ensuring that all quotations are carefully vetted and comply with the specification
• Ensuring that tenders are accurate and delivered on time
To be considered you must be:
• Degree qualified in Quantity Surveyor or equivalent with experience of new build housing
• Fully IT proficient and familiar with cost management software and Excel
• A strong commercial acumen coupled with excellent negotiation abilities is also essential
In return you will receive a salary around £35k, company car/ car allowance, annual bonus and an additional benefits package and the opportunity to work with a traditional company who values their employees.
Please apply or get in touch with Eilidh to discuss the position on 01786 446651.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.