Contract Scotland is thrilled to partner with a well-established civil engineering contractor as they seek an Estimator or Senior Estimator to join their team, working on projects across Scotland.
An opportunity for a Temporary Works Engineer to work with on of the busiest companies within the Scottish Water Framework
Are you a Quantity Surveyor looking for your next career challenge ?
Perhaps you are an engineer who would has the commercial awareness to take on a QS role ?
Would you be interested in working for a company at the forefront of modernising Central Scotland’s rail network? If so, we’d like to hear from you!
Our client is renowned for their low staff turnover levels, continued investment and development of their staff whilst maintaining a strong leadership in the rail and civil engineering infrastructure sectors.
As a Quantity Surveyor based in Perth you will be focusing on one of the company’s minor works projects, you will be working for a company who have a huge pipeline of work as we move into 2024.
As a Quantity Surveyor, your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for all practical aspects of contracts whilst ensuring profits are maximised and costs are controlled.
- Support the Commercial Team and Senior Quantity Surveyor in the identification and management of financial and commercial ensuring procedures and practices are adhered to.
- Ensure compliance is maintained at all times.
- Present data and reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Comply with all Health and safety policies and procedures.
- Developing the commercial plan to manage risk and drive profitability.
- Measurement and valuation of works (on site and from drawings) for Valuations, Variations & Final Accounts.
- Regular communication and meetings with the client.
- Regular updates with site management and subcontractor to collate information daily.
You should have a methodical approach, great interpersonal skill and have the following skills:
- Previous experience within a similar role in a contracting environment.
- Experience within the rail and infrastructure Civil Engineering sectors.
- Organisation skills required for managing multiple projects at one time.
- Experience of working with key cost-based software packages.
- Good interpersonal & negotiation skills, as well as the ability to liaise with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Rail experience is preferred but not essential.
On offer is a competitive salary with additional benefits package including a company car or car allowance.
With a healthy pipeline of work secured, this is an opportunity that can provide you with long term job security in these uncertain times. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply with a copy of your most recent CV or for more information, contact Adam Rahma 01786 446651 quoting J42624.
Contract Scotland acts as an employment agency for permanent work and acts as an employment business for temporary work.
For roles in Scotland/the UK, applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
At Contract Scotland, we value diversity and promote equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all areas of society and can discuss any reasonable adjustments to support your application.