A quantity surveying role with an established housebuilder in Fife, focussing in the siteworks aspects of development in central Scotland
A freelance opportunity in Glasgow to work with a busy private & social housing contractor.
Our client a busy Fife-based housing developer have a requirement for a Quantity Surveyor to join their busy commercial team. You will be responsible for the overall day to day management of all commercial and surveying aspects of in house siteworks, primarily in the new build homes sector.
Key Requirements of the Role
- Manage and produce/take offs for Bills of Quantities.
- Participate in preparation of site feasibility studies and appraisals.
- Participate in identifying areas of risk/scope and develop/monitor with the project team.
- Input into Tender negotiation / value engineering processes.
- Prepare cost report documentation (CVR) and maintain accurate projected cost to completion. Report to Directors at monthly meetings.
- Produce accurate monthly external and internal cash flow reports for projects as required.
- Assist Project QS in measurement and agreement of all commercial and contractual aspects of external siteworks subcontract packages through to final account closure.
- Co-ordinate and manage site records of site instructions, siteworks resources utilised, ground conditions, depths, variations and the like.
- Produce weekly labour only sub-contractor certifications.
- Assist and advise Project QS re agreement of external sub-contractor Final Accounts.
- Maintain positive cash flow and maximise profitability on project.
- Attend site meetings as necessary (internal, client and subcontractor meetings).
- Liaison with statutory authorities, where required, regarding adoption, vesting and reimbursements.
Qualifications & Skills
- Qualified to degree level in Quantity Surveying or construction related subject.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Quantity surveyor.
- Post qualification construction experience with an established siteworks or main contractor with particular emphasis on Design and Build experience.
- Strong IT skills with good working knowledge of MS Office packages.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong numerical, analytical and logical skills.
- Experience of Coins ERP system would be advantageous.
To apply for the role, click on the link attaching your most recent CV. For a confidential chat about the position,. contact Nicola Monro directly on 01786446651.
We act as an employment agency for permanent work and as an employment business for temporary work.
For roles in the UK, applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
We value diversity and promote equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all areas of society and can discuss any reasonable adjustments to support your application.