Contract Scotland are working closely with a market-leading civil engineering contractor as they look for a Quantity Surveyor to join their regional team based in Glasgow.
Within this exciting role you will be working alongside the Operations team in order to provide them with expertise and guidance with the aim of maximising profit while at the same time minimising risk. The primary focus of the role is to successfully assist the delivery of a term framework contract involving a varied portfolio of transport infrastructure improvement works.
On a daily basis you will undertake a variety of tasks including:
- Preparation of monthly Cost Value Reports for Budget Holders
- Assisting in ensuring a value focused service is delivered to the client whilst ensuring predicted profit margins are met
- Undertake best practice reviews
- Produce monthly financial summaries for operational review
- Find equitable resolutions if/when commercial issues arise
The ideal candidate will be:
- Experienced in producing Cost & Value analysis reports
- Able to work autonomously when required
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel
- Able to identify and resolve commercial issues
If you would like to apply for this role, please submit your CV to Jamie Porter, by clicking the Apply Now' button.
We've been helping people find jobs in the construction industry since 1990 and we're proud to say we've become so good at it that construction professionals recommend us to their friends and colleagues. That's a huge favour, so we thought it about time we returned it. Learn more about how you can refer someone and get a £200 reward on our website.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.