Are you a Quantity Surveyor looking for the opportunity to work on for some of the largest, prestigious civil engineering projects available in Scotland?
Our client have been very successful in securing long term work and due to this secured workload and as part of their continued growth plan they need to expand their commercial team. You will work with a team who are responsible for commercially managing multiple projects from tender through to final account, providing commercial assistance to operational teams and others when required. This is an excellent opportunity to join an established, dynamic and approachable team where you can further develop your career with a main player in their market. They have a well-structured commercial team in place which would allow them to invest and develop a Quantity Surveyor who is ambitious and willing to become an integral part of the team.
What will you be responsible for?:
• Procurement and management of subcontractor's
• Accurate cost forecasting
• Pricing add submissions of variations
• Cost and risk management
• Monthly Commercial Reporting
• Commercial guidance and supporting the site team
What do you need to apply?:
• Formal qualification in Quantity Surveying
• Previous experience within a similar role
• Experience within the civil engineering sector
• Organisation skills required for managing multiple projects at one time
• Good interpersonal and negotiation skills, as well as the ability to liaise with both internal and external stakeholder
For the candidate with the drive and commitment to succeed in this role, this company will offer:
• A highly attractive salary and well-rounded benefits package
• The opportunity to play a meaningful role with an innovative, forward thinking contractor
• The opportunity to work on some of the largest, prestigious contracts available in Scotland
If you feel your skillset matches what we are looking for, or if you would like a confidential conversation for more information on either workload or client, please get in touch with Laura Sinclair on 01786 446651.
Interesting opportunity but not for you? Have you heard about our referral scheme? We've been helping people find jobs in the construction industry since 1990 and we're proud to say we've become so good at it that construction professionals recommend us to their friends and colleagues. That's a huge favour, so we thought it about time we returned it. Learn more about how you can refer someone and get a £200 reward on our website.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.