Are you a Section Engineer within the Rail sector? Do you have experience of steel repairs, steel strengthening as well as blast and paint works? Looking to join a dynamic team who have great pride in the company they work for as well as building strong, longstanding relationships with their Clients? If you've answered yes, then this is definitely an opportunity you should take into consideration as you look for your next career move.
We have been enlisted by an established and reputable Civil Engineering Contractor who specialise in rail and general civil engineering as they look for a Section Engineer to join their team in Glasgow. As a Section Engineer, you will play an integral role on the projects from inception to completion where your duties and responsibilities will include:
• Working with the wider project and delivery team to ensure that the project is delivered within budget and on time
• Work with the wider team to ensure that planning information is as up to date as possible at all times
• Act as company representative at both internal and external meetings
• Management of Health, Safety and Quality systems
• Work with the commercial team and advise on changes and deviations
• Control of plant, labour & materials
• Supervision of site and subcontractors
What do you need to apply?
• HNC Civil Engineering ( or equivalent )
• Prior experience within civil engineering - specifically rail
• PTS - desirable
• Excellent communication skills due to the level of interaction associated with this role
In return you will get a competitive salary, additional benefits as well as the opportunity to work on a vast range of projects whilst being supported in your continual development.
I would be delighted to discuss this role as part of a confidential discussion around your experience. In addition to this role there may be other opportunities relevant to your experience and preferences that we can also speak about in more detail.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.