Senior Bridge Design Engineer
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Bridge Design Engineer on behalf of a well established engineering business in the West of Scotland. As Senior Engineer, you will be an integral member of the team involved in managing the process of inspection, assessment, design and review of bridge structures.
You will aid the delivery of projects as per agreed programme and budget whilst contributing effectively to the company's safety & quality systems. Day to day responsibilities include;
To apply for this role you will require;
- Leading a team of Engineers in the delivery of a high volume of complex engineering works
- Provide technical mentorship to junior members of staff, underlining design standards and ensuring career progress goals are realised
- Prepare reports, studies and designs for both new and existing bridge structures
- Ensure necessary land access, permits to work and safety plans are in place to allow construction to progress as per programme
- Ensure compliance with all relevant Health & Safety legislation and CDM regulations
This role does require travel so a valid UK drivers license is essential
- Excellent communication skills due to the high level of client and staff interaction associated with this role.
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Civil/Structural Engineering
- Chartered status (or working towards)
- Experience in a similar role in a design consultancy or contracting environment.
If you would like to apply for the role, please submit your CV to Jamie Porter or call in on 01786 446651 for a further discussion.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.