Senior Bridge Engineer
Contract Scotland is working in partnership with a privately owned, national design consultancy as they look for a Senior Bridges Design Engineer to join their team in Edinburgh. If employee contribution is important to you and you would like to work for a company which invests in their staff, then continue reading..
If you are concerned about future workload or frustrated by large company policies then this could be the opportunity for you. Our client, although large in size, are still a partnership so there is limited red tape and processes which get in the way of effectively being able to compete the job successfully. They are involved in the majority of Major Projects and have an enviable future workload, offering good job security and challenging projects to work on.
As Senior Bridge Design Engineer, you will take the lead within the bridges team providing members with technical guidance whilst assisting in the preparation of feasibility studies and the preliminary and detailed design for Pedestrian, Road and Rail bridges. You will be involved with bridge inspection and assessment for both local authority and private sector clients as well as be responsible for site supervision and construction management. You will be involved in preparing, writing and coordinating technical reports. The successful candidate will ideally:
• Be Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering
• Have Chartered Engineer Status or approaching Chartered status (Senior Engineer) MICE
• Be able to demonstrate a strong technical knowledge, including industry standard structural analysis software and current design standards (including Eurocodes)
• Have the ability to continue and form positive, lasting relationships with clients and colleagues
• Be able to develop and sell innovative solutions for clients
• Have the ability to successfully lead team members
• Have excellent written and oral communication skills due to the high level on interaction associated with this role
• Excellent understanding of project managementWhat will you get in return?
• Competitive salary
• This role offers career progression opportunities
• A working environment which is not only visually pleasing, but also dynamic, challenging and gratifying
• Continual professional development and training What's the next step?
To apply for this position, please submit your CV to Savanna Mitchell.
Once received and if suitable for this position, I will give you a call to discuss your experience, current situation as well as what it is you are looking for in a move going forward. I will also discuss the company in full detail and your CV will not be sent to the client without your permission. Having this in depth conversation ensures that I can help you as best as I can in your next career move.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.